Yogurt Cheesecake Parfaits with Strawberry Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups plain whole-milk Pavel’s Russian yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Strawberry Syrup And Assembly
- 2 cups fresh strawberries plus more for garnish
- 1 cup water
- 1 sugar
Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl until mixture holds together when pinched tightly. Pack into bottom of 6-8 individual glasses or jars. Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
Place gelatin and 1 1/2 tablespoon cold water in a heatproof bowl. Let stand until softened, 5-10 minutes. Pulse cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt in a food processor, scraping down sides as needed, until completely smooth.
Pour water to a depth of 1/2-inch into a small skillet over medium heat. Place bowl with gelatin in skillet; stir until gelatin dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove bowl from skillet.
With food processor running, drizzle gelatin into cream cheese mixture; mix until well blended. Pour into prepared glasses or jars. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 6 hours before serving. Cheesecakes can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.
Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat; stir until sugar is dissolved. Mix strawberries into saucepan and bring to a boil; boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until strawberries are mushy and sauce is thick, about 10 minutes.
Drizzle strawberry syrup over each glass or jar and garnish with 1/2 of a fresh strawberry.